How Do I Format the Card ? (EOS 50D)
Last Updated : 24-May-2017
Issue Number : 8200330000
If the card is new or was previously formatted by another camera or personal computer, format the card with the camera.
Formatting the card will erase everything in the card. Even protected images will be erased, so make sure there is nothing you need to keep. If necessary, transfer the images to a personal computer before formatting the card.
1. Turn the camera's power switch to <
> (Quick Control Dial).
2. Press the <MENU> button to bring up the menu.
3. Turn the <Main Control Dial> to select [
4. Turn the <Quick Control Dial> to select [Format], press <SET> button.
5. Select [OK], then press <SET> Button.
- The card will be formatted.
- When the formatting is completed, the menu will reappear.
When the card is formatted, only the file management information is changed. The actual data is not completely erased. Be aware of this when selling or discarding the card. When discarding the card, execute low-level formatting or destroy the card physically to prevent the data from being leaked.
The card's capacity displayed on the format screen may be lower than the capacity indicated on the card.