U052 Printer error has occurred.
Last Updated : 09-Feb-2011
Issue Number : 8200986100
When the message "U052 The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head." is displayed, follow the steps below to install the print head again:
If you still have the trouble, contact the repair service.
Cause and Solution
1. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) until it stops.
Close the Document Cover and lift it with the Scanning Unit (Cover).
2. The Print Head Holder moves to the installation position.
If the Print Head Holder does not move, make sure that the machine is turned on.
3. Firmly lift the part of the Print Head Lock Lever in the Print Head Holder until it stops.
4. Raise the print head and put it back.
5. Hold the Print Head Lock Lever firmly and lower it completely.
Once you have installed the Print Head, do not remove it unnecessarily.
6. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly, then gently close it.
If you still have the trouble, turn OFF and ON the machine again.
7. Install the Ink Tanks.
Request for a repair service
- Request either Canon or the dealer you purchased the machine for a repair service.